Monday, September 2, 2013

Week 4 - August 21

So, I woke up. Got dressed and ready for work and ready for my day. Sat at my laptop, opened it up and ready to chat. Instead, I got this email...

Hey mom I'm sorry but at three oclock here, we are all going to the temple so I wont be able to get on till later. So when you get on, write me an email about what is going on and I will respond when I get a chance through out the day. Love you and can't wait to hear from you.

So, I shed a tear, well a few....then got to writing Poo a letter.

Then my letter came later in the day.




Elder Martinez, roomate, Elder Packer, roomate
  Hello mom,

Things are going great out here and I have a lot to write about. Let me start from the beginning. You know when you spend six weeks in the MTC it’s a little harder to find more and more things to talk about but there was a lot to talk about that happened this week. Another group of missionary’s have come and gone and it really makes me want to get out there even more because I really want to start bring people to the true gospel of Jesus Christ. But I had an opportunity this week. Yesterday they all the alpine German speaking missionary’s out to Manchester and told we have five hours and we had to tract and street contact the whole time. Now I was scared and I really didn’t know how I was going to do it for that long. So as we got on the train and got ready for the 45 minute train ride I and elder packer got strait to work. We met a man named, Mohammed, he was in Manchester learning to become a doctor we talked to him and he really wanted to learn more so we gave him a bom and got his information and he wanted a lesson. So right from the get go we were doing pretty well but that didn’t last long. As we got into the city, we would approach people and they wanted nothing to do with us. Everybody was giving us dirty looks and it started to get hard. Especially when we talked to a man that told us that we were doing Satan’s work and that Mormons are not Christians and that we are going to hell. That last insult was hard to swallow. It was hot that day and I was ready to leave. We were able to place a couple more bom’s but they didn’t want any lessons. The day was coming to an end and we got on the train to go back to the MTC. As we were standing in the isle, a family from Nigeria came and sat in the seats that were next to us. It was a mom and a dad and a new born son. The father was very proud of his son telling both me and Elder Packer multiple times that his son is the greatest in the world. I was tired sweaty and hot and I wasn’t in the mood to get shut down again but I went I against me feelings put out the natural man and talked to the father. The father was taking it all in but the mother was a little hesitant, but as the conversation went on I was led to talk to the mother and father about heavenly fathers plan and how that families are central to this plan and that through this plan families can be together forever. I said to the father “you can be with your son and wife for all of this life and for all of eternity” his eyes got bigger and wider than I have ever seen he was so excited. But at that time we got to the station and we had to leave we left them with our testimony’s and our message. I wish that I could have talked to them longer. I know that they were waiting for me and elder packer to talk to them and to teach them. I lost myself and because I did maybe someday that family can be together for ever. I will probably never see them again but I will always pray and wonder what will happen to them. That event made me want to go back to Manchester and do it all over again and try even harder.
So there was definitely more that happened this week than before. And I am even more excited to get out in the field. I just don’t know how I can do it in German. But I will try very hard. I do have one request from all of you and that is I really want pictures of everybody and the pictures that we took at my farewell (also I want pictures from my friends, especially of the night we played water pong), so please send me letters with pictures of all my family. That would be the best thing in the world. I I love to hear from all of you and all my familys love Is what keeps me going. Send me letter and emails of what is going on at home. I want to know.
Till next p-day
Elder Martinez, poo




No comments:

Post a Comment