Monday, November 11, 2013

Neushwanstein Castle, lederhosen, and investigators - the beauties of Germany

Today we went to the Neuschwanstein. The castle that the Cinderella Castle in Disneyland was made after. It was sooo beautiful. There was just a little bit of snow on the ground and that was covering the castle and it made for one of the coolest things that I have seen in my entire life. Just the fact that I went there with all of my district it made for a really cool experience. I had alot of fun and I was so happy that I could experience all of this while being a missionary. I don’t think that I would have wanted it any other way. Expect I would have loved to have all of you there.
For business for the week, yes mom I did get your Halloween box. I loved the card it did make Elder Evans and I laugh pretty hard. Those are always nice to get. A little bit of America every once in a while is a nice reminder of home. I also did get Gmas pillow case. The minute that I got it, I put it on my pillow. Now everynight before I go to bed, I think and remember to pray for her and for gpa and all of my family. Thank you soo much! I will be sending a letter to you in this coming week to Gma and Gpa.
This week was a really good week for finding potentials and working with less actives in our ward. We had alot of lessons with less actives and that is always great to see them remember why they joined the church. Most of them I have high hopes that they will come back to church and become active again.
We have several progressing investigators and one that we hope that we can get him a baptism date and progress him to that point. We have several others that are progressing but are still a ways from having an actual date of baptism.
My email this week I know is relatively short. Because of going to the castle we just don’t have alot of time. I hope that all the pictures were cool and made you miss me so much. I hope they make you cry. haha no just kidding, even though they probably did.
For some ideas on what to tell the ward, please tell them to help and find there missionaries and help them with missionary work. We all have friends that are not members. Don’t be afraid to talk to them. Be a friend and talk to them about this church. Be a missionary and help with joint teaches with the missionaries. Investigators are so much more likely to progress when the testimony of a member in the ward is also there. We are all missionaries and we all have an obligation to build the kingdom of God. Pray for the opportunity’s to find people to spread the gospel to. Simply: miracles happen when you simply pray for them.
Give the ward all my love and respect. Tell them that I am doing great out here in the best mission in the world. Tell my ward friends hello for me, and tell them they are more than welcome to write me.
I love you mom, and keep doing well. Keep having fun with Jessi. Yes she will be gone before you know it. But she will be back even faster.

Till next week, your son forever,
Elder Martinez (Poo)



No comments:

Post a Comment