Monday, November 18, 2013

Setting goals:

This week it has been the most rewarding week of my mission so far. Let me start from the very beginning like I usually do and I will explain why this has been a very good week.
This week we had zone training meeting and there we get together with all the missionary’s in the München zone and we go over all kinds of important things. We go over new rules that have changed and or have been instated by the president and also go over several other things that help and benefit the missionary work.
This time something else was discussed that has not been discussed in a very long time. As a mission, we have a goal that we will baptize 290 people this year. As of right now we still have about 180 to go. I know, as a whole mission, if we prayed and had the faith and worked as hard as we could, we would reach our goal by the end of the year. We only have a month and half.

After Zone training meeting, Elder Evans and I had a different desire and looked at our goal for this year. We both felt that as long as we worked our hardest and did what we could in Augsburg to reach this goal that blessings would come and that miracles would happen. So we worked hard. We talked to more people. Worked harder with the members and the investigators that we had so that we could find more people to teach and to find more people who the Lord has prepared to receive the gospel.

On Thursday this week, we had a lesson with a newly baptized member. We have met with him several times, and we asked after every lesson if he had any friends that could use this message of the restored gospel in their lives. Everytime he would say no. We get to the lesson and before we had the chance to sit down, he tells us of three of his friends that he has invited to church this Sunday. We were shocked and ecstatic! Through talking with him, we were able to get him to introduce us to them this Saturday. He was more than willing to be there and introduce us to them. We got to the appointment on Saturday and never before had a lesson gone so well. They had all seen missionary’s where they were from and they had been looking for the same black badge they had seen back at home. At first they were a little confused because ours were not the same they had seen back at home. They had seen the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in English and they did not recognize it in German. When we explained it to them, they were all so excited and happy. We had a great first lesson, and they all came to church the next day. and they are all so happy and excited to learn more and to follow there Heavenly Father.

I know that miracles happen. When you work your hardest and you show your faith by doing and by walking in faith, the Lord will always provide for us. I know this to be true.
This week has been the busiest week of our mission. We have had more lessons with progressing investigators than ever before in our companionship. We also made so much progress with the investigators that we already had, and also with the members in our ward. We hope that by the end of this week, we can have four baptism dates. Never before have I worked so hard and tried to reach a goal so hard…ever in my life. But as I work hard, the more I feel the Lords love and hand in all things. I love my mission and my area, Augsburg is going to explode with people looking for this gospel.
On to answering your questions, all of our Russian investigators have hit stand stills and most have stopped investigating. All though we still have contact with them, but they just don’t want to investigate anymore. We always have to remember that all of Gods children have their agency and they have every right to use it. it’s hard for us as missionaries because we know this gospel will bless them but they, in the end, will choose.
My German is coming along, every week I understand more and more, it’s just that most of the time people talk so fast and I can’t get all the words that they say. Just like me with English, I just talk so fast that people that are new to the language will never understand. It’s the same with me and German. But people in the ward are starting to realize this and they are talking a little bit slower. They still talk really fast. Especially people that we contact on the street. They talk so fast. But I am getting better and I can understand more and more the more I study and practice by simply talking.
Christmas and skype, we won’t use face time because we don’t have any access to it. So we will be skyping, so you will need to get one. We will be spending Christmas Eve and Christmas day with members and that is when we will have the time to use skype. We will probably do it on Christmas Eve. I will give you more information the more that I know but for now just set up an account and get familiar with it. I will let you know how I will be reaching you that day.
Transfers are next week, but I will more than likely not be transferred. Still you never know. I will probably leave after Christmas. So don’t worry too much about my address changing, it will probably stay the same. I have everything that I need. I don’t need anything for a while. Just worry about Jessi. That’s all that you need to worry about right now.
Well mom, it’s another week and another email sent and done, keep telling Gma and Gpa that I love them and keep telling Maddox and all the family that I love them and that I miss them. I still haven’t heard from Mikey, so keep getting on him. Good luck this week with Jessi and her getting ready to leave. I will be thinking about her this Sunday.
I love you and miss you so much, but I have lots of work to do, till next week,
Elder Martinez


No comments:

Post a Comment